Friday, February 26, 2010

Gigi's foster mom arrives tomorrow--again!

Nancy Tisdale, Gigi's foster Mom from Charlottesville, Virginia, is travelling up 29 North to DC for the third weekend in a row. She's bringing Scottie, another Sheltie, who was one of Gigi's playmates when she spent five months with Nancy Tisdale. Nancy is going to attempt to entice Gigi out, with the help of Scottie and KFC.

My wife Nancy and I are incredibly grateful to Nancy T. She loves Gigi as much as we do. And Gigi has a real bond with her (she only spent 3 days with us). We believe she is searching for Nancy T, so foster mom is coming to her. She has had as many sleepless nights as we have. Please join me in thanking her. Do so in the comments section, so Nancy T. can read your thoughts. She is a devoted reader of Gigi's Hope, as are many of her friends and colleagues in the Northern Virginia Sheltie Rescue. Also, let us now give a shout out to all the help we have received from that tremendous organization.

4 comments:

ptiche said...

Thank you Nancy T and Scottie for coming to help Gigi. I am Jim's younger sister and wish I could come help. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope that this will be THE weekend that Gigi comes home. I'll be thinking of you all.
Love, Patti

Julie said...

Having fostered many dogs myself over the years I know why Nancy is coming up again to help search for Gigi. I am mostly up in Northern VA but also live part time down near Charlottesville in Louisa County so it's nice to know that there are kindred spirits down that way. Good luck and let's hope the third time's a charm!

NHD said...

Nancy - Gigi and Jim and Nancy are so lucky to have you on the team! You could make all the difference. If you read this Friday night and arean't coming until Saturday morning, then that might be time enough to brew some scent water -- put your dirty socks in water and bottle it so that it can be used to spray your scent in spokes from one significant location to another -- a feeding station to home, a sighting location to the trap, as a couple of examples.

Wish you all the success possible this weekend!

Bethany said...

I'm so glad she's home. Her former foster mom is an inspiration to all of us fosters everywhere. She's amazing.